Whether you need a pick-me-up, or you want to become more enlightened, these Osho quotes on life will change the way you think, act and live.
1. Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.
Creativity doesn’t know any rules. Microsoft and Apple wouldn’t have come to existence if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates had not dropped out of college. You would never drive a real electric car if Musk didn’t take the enormous risks that he took. That’s the thing about great people. They don’t care about rules.
2. The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which don’t exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment.
It is important to live in the present. We often haunt ourselves with ghosts of the past and our distorted imagination of the future. But the truth is that you only have present moment to use your potential.
3. Sadness comes, joy comes, and everything passes by. What remains always is the witness. The witness is beyond all polarities.
Your soul, your spirit isn’t composed of all the stories you tell yourself. We all lose people, money and things at some point in our lives. What remains is you. Nobody can destroy you.
4. If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.
We need to appreciate people for who they are and not what we want them to be. When we tell our partners that they cannot do this or cannot have that, we try to own their lives. And the minute we do it, the love disappears.
5. Life repeats itself mindlessly – unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel.
Become aware of how you live and you’ll live life in its full potential. We sit with our friends and stare into our smartphones. We eat our emotions with junk food. We open Facebook a gazillion times a day only to get rid of boredom. But only if we were really present could we tune into our creativity and true essence.
6. Be. Don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance.
Don’t try to copy others. Stereotypes don’t define you. Don’t label yourself with words such as “nerd”, “wimp”, “rebels“, “emo” or “stud”. Labels look good on things and bad on people.
7. Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.
Out of all Osho quotes on life, it’s amazing how beautiful this one is. People often tell themselves that bad things happen to them because they’re unlucky. But the truth is everyone faces darkness at some point in their lives. It’s about what you do with it. You can either grow from it. Or you can self-destruct.
8. Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.
Miracles are possible. Stephen Hawking’s revolutionary work in Quantum Physics is a miracle. Elon Musk’s gigafactory plan that can provide sustainable energy to the entire world is a miracle. There are no limits.
9. Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.
You shouldn’t seek greatness outside. It is present within you. You just need to slowly realize your true nature by experimentation. Listen to your heart and answer your calling.
10. Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny–he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally–you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.
On our list of Osho quotes on life, this one deserves a prize. It makes us believe in ourselves, which is what really matters. The thing that we call God, energy, or Spirit has set some purpose for each one of us. Jim Carrey’s purpose was to make people laugh. Martin Luther King’s purpose was to stand for equality. What is going to be yours?
11. My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.
Anything that urges you to focus on the present moment becomes meditation. Be present.
12. Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue.
If you want to get, you must be willing to give. Relationships need nurturing from both ends. Don’t expect people to spoil you with love. Initiate it and people will love you forever.
13. I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead.
A lotus grows in the mud, yet its beauty is enchanting. If everything was perfect, if everything was handed to you in life without requiring any work, then everything will lose its beauty, its power.
14. Be like an alone peak high in the sky. Why should you hanker to belong? You are not a thing! Things belong!
We often try to fit in. But we are like stars in the sky. For you to shine, you must be willing to stay in the dark. You must be willing to go alone and be the unique you.
15. Discover yourself, otherwise you have to depend on other people’s opinions who don’t know themselves.
We buy things to please others. We even stay as a sheep and never answer the lion(ess) that lives within us. But when we give our power away, our greatness is lost. Self-awareness is important to know what you want to do. Vague vision brings vague results.
16. That which makes you miserable is the only sin. That which takes you away from yourself is the only thing to be avoided.
Some of us find it hard to accept our quirks, sexuality or other nuances of personality. But we shouldn’t hesitate to follow our bliss. Do more of what makes you happy. If Jim Carrey had worried about making dumb faces on stage, he wouldn’t have reached where he is today.
17. A comfortable, convenient life is not a real life – the more comfortable, the less alive. The most comfortable life is in the grave.
Comfort. Security. These are the words people use to avoid the truth. The truth that with these words they kill their desire to grow, evolve and experience life in its entirety.
18. When you really laugh for those few moments you are in a deep meditative state. Thinking stops. It is impossible to laugh and think together.
Laughter is the best medicine indeed. What good life is if it doesn’t make us laugh every now and then? We are here for a purpose. But that doesn’t mean that the journey has to make us miserable.
19. You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.
Chasing perfection is recipe for failure. If you want to be successful, chase improvement. We take strength from growth. Remember how cool it feels to earn that promotion? That’s growth. This is why we read Osho quotes on life.
20. Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.
We have so many dreams but they are buried inside our heads. BE more and TRY less. We should feel more, think less. There’s no reason to not follow your heart.
Bonus Power Quote By Osho:
The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.
Thank you FearlessMotivation